The luxurious Rockery Hall Hotel & Spa are looking for a apprentice to join there kitchen. This is a great chance for people looking towards becoming a chef and starting their career.
Number of Positions Available
AA Four Red Star inspector's choice country house hotel, set in 38 acres of Cheshire countryside with an A 2 AA Rosette restaurant.
Detailed Job Description
The Apprentice Chef will carry out daily duties as below:
• Prepare and cook dishes on menus according to standards and the Head Chef
• Check items against delivery notes and report any shortfalls
• Maintain secure stock storage
• Cook, chill, label, store and rotate food
• Assist in preparation and cooking of employee meals
• Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene practices
• Keep the kitchen equipment clean and in good working order
• Report hazards and maintenance requirements to the Head Chef or Sous Chef
• Maintain regular communication by attending team briefings and meetings.
• Reasonable level of English Language both verbal and written
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to take instruction
• Ability to work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Well presented
• Good timekeeping
• Team working.
None, though English and Maths will be assessed upon interview date.
Lots of opportunity for progression through the company e.g. into a Commis Chef role
Training to be Provided
Commis Chef Level 2 apprenticeship including Functional Skills Maths (Level 2), Functional Skills English (Level 2).
40 hours - 5 days a week. Shifts vary according to business needs.
Things to consider
Candidates must be flexible and be able to shift timings.