Are you looking to start your career in accountancy?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving international business based in North Wales!
Founded in 1927, HB Leisure is the world leader in skills games and family arcades. We operate in over 90 theme parks and attractions across 20 countries and are continuing to grow. We currently have an exciting new opportunity for an Trainee Accountant to join our busy and expanding Finance team, based at our Head Office, on the outskirts of Rhyl.
Reporting to the Management Accountant you will be joining a dynamic and hardworking team and will play an integral part in supporting our Finance Team.
In return we can offer the successful candidate:
- Competitive Salary
- Full time, permanent contract
- Eyecare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free car parking
- BenefitHub - a portal that offers the widest variety of discounted leisure, health and financial benefits and helps you make savings across a range of products and services
Your responsibilities as Trainee Accountant will include:
- Assist the Management Accountants with preparation of the month end accounts.
- Support the Purchase ledger team with inputting to the Sage system, including invoices, employee expenses, credit card statements.
- Other Purchase ledger support including archiving and scanning of invoices to the system.
- Assist with the preparation of fixed asset registers and control account reconciliations.
- Intercompany invoicing and reconciliations.
- Assist with VAT/GST returns and Intrastat submissions.
- Support Management Accountants as required with statutory reporting and audit queries.
- Support as required in all aspects of the department.
- GCSE or equivalent in English & Maths grade level C or above
- No formal experience required, however, must be able to demonstrate a genuine interest and commitment to a career in accounting either through personal interests, studies or unpaid work experience.
- Good excel spreadsheet skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong IT skills (MS Office)
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative when needed and eager to learn
- Able to work to strict time lines
- Good time management
What are you waiting for?
To apply and find out more please visit our website www.hbleisure.com/careers.