A chance for a full time in house apprentice commis chef to join our 2 AA rosette award winning kitchen.
Number of Positions Available
Small 16 bedroom hotel with 3 AA red stars making us one of the top hotels In the UK. 2 AA rosettes on the short list for a 3rd Rosette.
Detailed Job Description
Jobs will include:
• Learning Larder, Sauce and Pastry.
• The importance of health and hygiene along with HACCP food control.
• Full teaching will be given to ensure the high standards we set are met. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn in one of the best kitchens in Devon whilst being allowed to participate in our food and preparation.
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to take instruction
• Basic Knowledge of food preparation & food hygiene
• A determination to work hard.
• A want to be a skilled chef
• A happy non stressed Character
None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Once the commis position has been completed we will look at a demi chef de partie role. We believe in in house promotions as we don't see the point in training someone for them to then leave and work somewhere else.
Our location is very remote and peaceful a great location and hotel to learn in, but please make sure you have a reliable transport source.
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Commis Chef
Maths & English if required.
minimal 12 months
40 hours split shifts mostly
Things to consider
Please remember this job will include weekends, bank holidays, christmas and new years. Its a hard job but if you put a lot in you can get a lot out.