Level 2 Trainee chef Apprentice - Peppervine LTD
You will join our close team to learn skills and knowledge to help support and grow our existing business. Working under our head chef and supported by the current team you will be gaining a wide range of knowledge from team members, alongside your apprenticeship.
You will help maintain high standards of food safety and cleanliness, as well as excellent food creation and development. You will be involved in all elements of the kitchen including preparation, stock control, and handling and plating dishes for service.
Learning cooking techniques from French, Spanish, Italian, and many more cuisines. We also prepare and offer fresh Sunday roasts.
This position will require learning all aspects of food preparation and service including:
Preparing and cooking a wide range of dishes with fresh locally sourced meat, seafood and vegetable dishes.
Preparing and serving a range of fresh desserts.
Keeping kitchen equipment maintained and cleaned. This includes setting up sections safely at the beginning of the shift, maintaining stock, and cleaning down throughout the shift and at the end of service.
Learning all aspects of stock handling and food safety procedures.
Producing food to a high standard achieving great attention to detail.
· Working within an enthusiastic and ambitious team
· Opportunity to progress. We are planning future expansions within the midlands.
· Being part of the creative process, helping to develop new dishes and menus.
· Hunger to improve and take our restaurant forwards, and expand the brand.
· 2 consecutive days off every week.
· Great tips shared equally.
Our restaurant is full of ambition to improve and take ourselves to the next level while maintaining high standards. We are looking for an individual who shares that passion for the hospitality sector.
· Attention to detail
· Uncompromising in your standards of both yourself and the team you work with
· Adaptability to handle new situations and new problems well