A position is available to join the team at Searcys as an apprentice commis chef to assist the Head Chef / Sous Chef in the kitchen and ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is maintained.
Number of Positions Available
Searcys was founded in 1847 by John Searcy, the pastry chef to the Duke of Northumberland. John led the way with his passion, innovation and quality. These attributes remain at the heart of what we do today.
Detailed Job Description
• To assist in the preparation and cooking of menu items as directed by the Head / Sous Chef.
• To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends and be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
• To assist with stock taking when required.
• To carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate.
• To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
• To be customer focused at all times; approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
• To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary.
• To treat members of the team at location as you would expect to be treated.
• To gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning.
• to ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
• To adhere to the company’s Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies.
• To ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
Experience gained within a commercial kitchen.
Ability to listen to and follow instruction.
Good time management.
Ability to work efficiently in a team.
Must be able to work at Pace and under pressure.
Genuine passion and interest in food.
Ability to work in a team.
Excellent communication skills.
Helpful with a positive attitude.
Flexible and adaptable.
None needed however maths and english will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Development from Apprentice to full time Commis Chef in one of our prestigious venues.
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Commis Chef Standard.
45p/w incl Evenings/Weekends.
Things to consider
This role is in a hot and fast paced kitchen. You will be standing for the majority/all of your shift - it's a tough but rewarding career.