Apprentice Commis Chef
An opportunity has arisen to join the Serco Team at Lilleshall National Sports And Conferencing Centre as an apprentice commis chef.
Number of Positions Available
Working in defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services across, UK & Europe, Asia Pacific, North America and the Middle East
Detailed Job Description
As a Commis chef you work in the main kitchen in support of the Head chef and Sous Chef and are expected to produce food to a high standard whilst monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
• Ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked according to the specific menu for the dining room. This can number up to 200 people per day.
• Ensure the cleaning schedule is adhered to and that cleaning tasks are delegated as appropriate.
• Maintain a detailed Knowledge of menus and produce dishes to the standards required.
• Ensure all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are carefully adhered to.
• Fully flexible working pattern to cover mornings, evenings and weekends. This is for weddings, functions and site requirements shifts consist of earlies, days and early evenings
• A strong work ethic, motivated, reliable and adaptable.
• Attention to detail, quality and continuous improvement.
• An awareness of the businesses mission, aims, markets, products and services.
• A customer focused attitude.
• Effective communication in a team, with clients or with management
• Full driving license desirable as some travel may be required between sites within the contract.
• Committed to the Serco Values and Serco Leisure Mission Statement
• High personal integrity and motivation
• A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
• An open, honest and confident personality
• High standards of presentation
• Flexible attitude
None needed however maths and english will be assessed as part of the interview process.
To progress within the industry and develop skills.
Shifts usually consist of 0600-1400, 0700-1500, 11:30-1930, 1300-2100
Training to be Provided
Commis Chef apprenticeship including Functional Skills Maths (Level 1), Functional Skills English (Level 1)
39 hr week, 5 out of 7 days