Apprentice Chef De Partie
Sodexo @ RAF Benson in beautiful Oxfordshire are looking to appoint an experienced Commis Chef qualified or unqualified (but with at least 12 months experience)to complete a Level 3 Chef De Partie Apprenticeship and gain a professional qualification.
Number of Positions Available
Detailed Job Description
Sodexo @ RAF Benson in Watlington are looking for an ambitious Apprentice Chef de Partie who is ready for a new challenge and wants an opportunity to learn and develop new skills through our fantastic Chef team!
• Wants to develop experience in working with fresh ingredients.
• A desire to embrace kitchen life!
• Basic experience of working in a professional kitchen and able to demonstrate some knowledge of Health and Safety.
• Great communication skills.
• A team player who is willing to work hard to build on the success of the kitchen.
• Working alongside a supportive and experienced Head Chef who is passionate about training and developing his teams.
• Professional Chef Academy training opportunities.
• Providing you with all the tools to grow and develop yourself as a qualified chef.
• A dedicated trainer and line-manager to track and support your progress.
• Apprenticeship Standard Level 3 Qualification upon completion.
• Progression into a more senior chef position in one of our kitchens once the course has finished.
• We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
• Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.
* Love cooking, love the industry, love learning.
* Passionate about great, seasonal ingredients.
* Must have minimum of 12 months at Commis Chef level with related qualification or experience.
* Ambition – you want to be a Head Chef one day, and we will help you achieve this goal.
* Enjoy busy services and are able to keep calm under pressure.
* Able to build a great relationship with your fellow chefs and FOH team.
* Bring energy and have the stamina to inspire all the chefs in your team – including your
sous and head chef.
* Have good knife skills and a general understanding of basic cooking techniques.
You must be someone who naturally shares our values, the ideal candidate will have:
Excellent communication skills.
Great attention to detail.
Adaptable and Flexible, willing to go the extra mile for customer satisfaction.
Be committed and Hard-working.
12 Months kitchen experience in a commercial/kitchen environment.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner service working from recipe on line
Applicants will need to have an enhanced DBS check and at least two satisfactory references, due to the location candidates must have their own transport.
Training to be Provided
Level 3 Chef De Partie Standard Apprenticeship Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2 if necessary.
12 -18 Months
Things to consider
Candidates must be able to get to the site shift start times will vary but the earliest start time will be 05.00am the latest finish time will be 23.00hrs.
Total hours will be 37.5 minimum and will involve weekends/Bank Holidays when required.