Vegan House is in immediate need of a forward-thinking apprentice Chef/Café Assistant who is passionate about culinary arts. The ideal candidate for this position will have a flair for food & who always has a finger on the pulse of current culinary trends.
Number of Positions Available
Vegan House Cafe is a 100% plant based cafe based in Rushden. It is the go to place for vegan food lovers. We will be serving the highest quality vegan food from breakfast to mid day lunch and evening dinner, also including light bites meals and authentic Indian cuisine. Out convenient location and excellent customer service should build a steady repeat flow of customer base. We also serve vegan hot drinks such as espressos, cappuccinos, lattes served with soya milk. Along with this we will also have a variety of snacks and cakes including healthy alternatives.
Detailed Job Description
Vegan House Ltd is a new Café which has opened in the heart of Rushden. The café is 100% Vegan and their aim is to promote veganism by providing and serving excellent and delicious food across the country.
The new cafe/restaurant is in immediate need of a forward-thinking apprentice Chef/Café Assistant who is passionate about culinary arts. The ideal candidate for this position will have a flair for food and who always has a finger on the pulse of current culinary trends. Alongside this the successful applicant will be working towards gaining a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification.
A Chef/Café Assistant will be responsible for:
• Assisting in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food to diners in a
• Prepare all food items within agreed cooking methods and portion controls.
• Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
• To prepare traditional coffees and other hot and cold drinks as directed, to
the exacting standards required.
• Preserving food quality
• Able to carry out basic food preparation such as washing etc.
• Maintain a high standard of personal cleanliness and hygiene
• Monitoring and managing stock control
• Date labelling and storage of light menu items
• Ensuring rotation of stock is carried out
• Notify the Head Chef of any food shortages
• Make sure at the end of service that all food is correctly stored labelled and
• Loading and unloading the dishwasher
- Following all rules and regulations regarding food safety/hygiene within a working kitchen
• Willingness to learn and improve.
• Must have initiative and determination to succeed.
• Excellent communication skills with colleagues and customers.
• Attention to detail with high standard of hygiene and cleanliness.
• Committed to improving the business and being flexible to achieve this.
• Must participate as a member of the team.
• Be aware of Veganism and able to answer any question related to Veganism
• Be responsible for the safety of the environment that your customers enjoy.
• Have a keen interest in the catering industry where you can showcase / build upon your skills and knowledge
Great communication and customer service skills, willing and eager to learn. Have an understanding of veganism.
None required, however maths and english will be assessed as part of the interview process.
To be discussed at interview
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Food Production Chef Apprenticeship.
Maths and English if required.
30 Hours a week
Things to consider
You will be expected to work shifts including our busiest times which will include every Saturday/Sunday.
30 hours Tuesday-Sunday open 10am close latest 7pm weekends mandatory