The Sidmouth Arms is located in the picturesque village of Upottery, just 5 miles from Honiton. They are looking to find an enthusiastic person to join their small team who prepare and cook a range of seasonal delights using fresh local ingredients.
Number of Positions Available
The Sidmouth Arms is a family owned and run village pub based in Upottery on the outskirts of Honiton. Due to their high quality range of local dishes they have been rated as Excellent by Tripadvisor
Detailed Job Description
The Sidmouth Arms is located in the picturesque village of Upottery, just 5 miles from Honiton in the glorious East Devon countryside.
The Sidmouth Arms is looking to recruit someone willing to train to be a Commis Chef. Their small team of chefs create a varied menu of traditional dishes cooked to the highest standard using the best local, fresh produce available. The right candidate will need to be committed and passionate as well as being able to work well under their own initiative and will be responsible for working alongside the second Chef and Head Chef respectively. Alongside this, the successful applicant will also work towards gaining a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
The salary for this position is varied depending on experience and age .
You will be supporting the kitchen operation and management team to effectively work on food production, operational procedure and food safety within the kitchen and surrounding areas
• To assist and monitor food stocks and stock movement.
• To understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results.
• To ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
• To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department.
• To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed.
• To ensure stock is controlled and rotated. Accept and store deliveries
• To ensure that mise en place is completed in your section.
• To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef / Manager immediately.
• To comply with all pub policies and procedures to ensure that all-statutory regulations are observed.
• To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
• To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
To complete set out training tasks as per the department training manual and ensure you attend training session as
invited to continue your CPD in your job role.
You are responsible for your own learning and development in your job role and further training can be provided based on certain attributes in the future.
A passion for working with fresh produce and learning new skills
Able to take instructions
Able to work under pressure
Able to work as part of a team
None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Continuation of employment and progression to level 3
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Commis Chef
Maths and English if required
40 Hours a week
Things to consider
Upottery is 5 miles outside Honiton and is not on a bus route. Are you able to get to and from work.
5 days per week to include weekends and evenings. 40 hours per week