Are you a proactive manager who enjoys a challenge?
Operation: Falafel is coming to London and we're looking for a General Manager to overseeing the opening operations. Attend trainings abroad (New York or Dubai - fully paid) and have a long term vision to become Operations Area Manager as the brand expands in the UK within the next 1-2 years.
As restaurant manager you will ensure that restaurants operate efficiently and profitably, coordinating a variety of activities. You are responsible for the business performance, quality standards, health and safety of the restaurant, combining strategic planning and day-to-day management activities, the role is both business-like and creative, particularly in terms of marketing and business development. Core responsibilities include:
• Take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
• Prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
• Coordinate the operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
• Recruit, train, manage and motivate staff.
• Respond to customer queries and complaints.
• Meet and greet customers, organize table reservations and offer advice about menu choices.
• Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene and health and safety.
• Check stock levels, order supplies and prepare cash drawers and petty cash.
Consistent high level of Health & Safety standards, cleanliness, communication and organizational skills. Ensuring an exceptional guest experience. Accountable for all happenings inside the restaurant.
• Constantly abide by all Health & Safety Standards set up by the government municipality.
• Must always have a high standard for guest interaction, respectfulness of local cultures and general understanding that our patrons are GUESTS and not customers.
• Follow all SOPs within the company.
• All daily, weekly and monthly reports are to be completely filled out as required.
• Adhere to all audit points.
• Responsible for all financial, HR and legal happenings within the deemed location.
• Development of programs for the purpose of driving sales to reach budgeted figures.
• To ensure all staff in the restaurant are scheduled accordingly based on business needs.
• Ensure all staff are properly trained in all facets of their personal AOR and Job Descriptions. This includes personal knowledge and accountability for all direct reports job descriptions.
• To hold staff accountable for all AORs and Job Descriptions.
• Ensuring all staff have the proper tools to do their job effectively.
• To maintain all fit out and equipment by facilitating repair & maintenance.
• To schedule and conduct weekly manager meetings and quarterly all staff meetings.
• Handle guest comments, both positive and those that identify an area of opportunity to ensure that the guests leave the restaurant satisfied.
• Coach and help develop team members; help resolve dysfunctional behavior, facilitate understanding of problem solving and team work. Create and uphold a learning environment.
• Maintain high levels of communication with staff and management following Lines of Communication.
• Adhere to proper use of all chemicals. Ensuring to follow guidelines set on the chemical container label.
• Able to attend to other tasks as deemed necessary by Management