Apprentice Chef De Partie
We're looking for hard working passionate chefs who enjoy the buzz of a busy service, love cooking great quality, fresh food and want to work with fun, positive kitchen teams.
Number of Positions Available
The Fleece overlooks the expanse of Witney’s beautiful Church Green. Since we took it over ten years ago it has twice been voted one of the top twenty pubs in the UK. Loyally supported by the people of Witney we are one of the few places in town where you can sit outside on sunny days, eating, drinking & watching the world go by. We also have a private dining room for meetings or parties & 10 comfortable en suite bedrooms. Sign up below, and be the first to hear all about our latest events, offers and news.
Detailed Job Description
Peach is an independent award winning Gastro Pub Group that only serves the good stuff. Fresh, seasonal, quality dishes from menus and specials boards written by the chef teams in each pub.
• Wants to develop experience in working with fresh ingredients.
• A desire to embrace kitchen life!
• Experience of working in a professional kitchen and able to demonstrate knowledge of Health and Safety/Food Hygiene regulations.
• Great communication skills.
• A team player who is willing to work hard to build on the success of the kitchen.
• Working alongside a supportive and experienced Head Chef who is passionate about training and developing his teams.
• Professional Chef Academy training opportunities.
• Providing you with all the tools to grow and develop yourself as a qualified chef.
• A dedicated trainer and line-manager to track and support your progress.
• Apprenticeship Standard Level 3 Qualification upon completion.
• Progression into a more senior chef position in one of our kitchens once the course has finished.
• We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
• Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate.
• Love cooking, love the industry, love learning
• Passionate about great, seasonal ingredients
• Must have minimum of 12 months at Commis Chef level with related qualification.
• Ambition – you want to be a Head Chef one day, and we will help you achieve this goal
• You’ll be working in a busy Gastropubs, serving lots of dishes at pace.
• Enjoy busy services and are able to keep calm under pressure
• Able to build a great relationship with your fellow chefs and FOH team
• Bring energy and have the stamina to inspire all the chefs in your team – including your
sous and head chef
• Have good knife skills and a general understanding of basic cooking techniques
You must be someone who naturally shares our values, the ideal candidate will have:
Excellent communication skills.
Great attention to detail.
Adaptable and Flexible, willing to go the extra mile for customer satisfaction.
Be committed and Hard-working.
Good leadership and Influencing qualities.
Each and everyone of us Makes Life Peachy for our Team, Guests and Suppliers every day.
An employer will determine their own entry requirements for an employee to commence this apprenticeship, but these general entry requirements apply; you have to be aged 18 years and over. You also need to be a resident in England and not taking part in full-time education.
Peach have excellent training including our very own on-line Peach Teach, where you can learn at your own pace, and see your progression clearly. You will learn daily from your peers, and be invited to internal training days, which not only help to improve your skills as a chef, but as a manager as well, covering topics such as how to be a great coach and trainer yourself, how to recruitment great people and an insight into the financial side of the business.
We also have supplier visits, where you'll be invite to go to meet a number of our amazing suppliers and learn where we get our Fish, Meat and Cheeses from.
We have a proven record of growing our own, with a high %age of our Head and Sous chefs having joined us at a more junior level. Our goal is that you're the next generation of peachy Head Chefs.
We can provide shared accommodation in some of our pubs, which is basic with shared facilities. This is subject to availability and is charged at £50 per week.
The salaries will vary from each site and will be based on previous experience and/or any existing qualifications.
We offer at least minimum living wage and above depending on your commercial Kitchen background.
Training to be Provided
Chef de Partie apprenticeship including Functional Skills Maths (Level 2), Functional Skills English (Level 2)
Things to consider
We're fast paced pubs, and it can get hot in that kitchen. We work evenings and weekends, and sometimes have to go above and beyond our job description. We're not clock watchers and we're in it together!