Apprentice Commis Chef
Alton Towers Resort have fantastical new Apprenticeship Opportunities within their 5 unique accommodations. Excel within their outstanding food and Customer Service department, it’s never your average job!
Number of Positions Available
Alton Towers Resort is the UK's most popular Theme Park, it incorporates a theme park, water park, spa, mini golf and hotel complex.
Detailed Job Description
Alton Towers Resort have fantastical new Apprenticeship Opportunities within their 5 unique accommodations.
If you are a proactive individual with a willingness to learn and develop within our Resort Kitchen team then don’t miss this opportunity! Working alongside a team of highly skilled professionals and supported by your studies, you will gain an understanding of the operation of our resort kitchens, health and safety and food safety procedures and how to exceed our guest expectations at all times.
Working within a Theme park Resort means you will learn about how the Resort operates. You will experience the outstanding and unique Catering and Hospitality within one of the many Restaurants and the amazing career you could have working for Britain's greatest escape.
Alongside this you will complete a Level 2 Production Chef qualification in partnership with one of the highly skilled professional Chef Training Consultants at HIT Training. This will be a minimum 12 month programme.
Main responsibilities will include:
• To assist with the day to day kitchen operations: Food preparation, some food production, ensuring that menu items are produced to the highest standards to meet guest
• Maintain a safe and healthy environment: Open and close checks, all cleaning/washing duties as required to ensure the highest food hygiene and operational standards.
• To work as part of a team of chefs to achieve exceptional guest satisfaction
• To assist with the delivery of food safety to include due diligence defence guidelines for Health & Safety, health & hygiene, waste removal and waste disposal, in line with company policy and Charnwood audits
• To follow procedures and guidelines with regard to all cleaning materials and equipment within the department. To follow manufacturers specifications and as laid down in the SOP manual
• Maintain the highest possible standards within the kitchens and food production areas to deliver maximum customer satisfaction, exceeding customer expectations in food delivery
• Ensuring fridges and stock are checked on a daily basis for stock rotation and quality, in line with policies and procedures and food hygiene regulations
• Assist with the delivery of exceptional standards in customer service in conjunction with mystery shopper audits
• Deliver excellent internal customer service and relations at all times
• Immersing yourself in Alton Towers Resort brand, delivering high quality products that exceed customer expectations and deliver good value.
• Understanding of the importance of food hygiene
• To work as part of a team that fosters good team relations at all levels
• Consistently support clear and precise communication at all levels
• Ensure the actions of self and others reflect the company values and act as an ambassador for Alton Towers Resort at all times
• Have a natural flair and desire for the catering industry
• Passionate about food and standards of quality
• To be flexible to the needs of the business in order to create opportunities and maximise performance
• Continuous professional and personal development
• Hard worker who thrives on working under pressure
• Fun, up beat personality
None required, however Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
To progress within your role and the company
Alongside a competitive annual salary and 28 days holiday you can look forward to enjoying a great benefits package including a Group Personal Pension Plan, Merlin Magic pass, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants, 40% discount online off of LEGO, and much more!
There are opportunities for you to relocate as Merlin have access to affordable accommodation, or if you live locally, there are reasonably priced transport options, please ask for more information at interview stage
Salary is age dependant: 16-21 £6.80 per hour
21-25 £7.48 per hour
25 over £ 7.90 per hour
Training to be Provided
Food Production Chef- Level 2
Maths and English if required
30 hours p/w Minimum incl weekends/B/Hols as required.
Things to consider
Due to the nature of the business you will need to be flexible as shifts will include covering our various peak times of mornings, lunchtime and evenings as well as weekends and bank holidays.