Kitchen Porter 18,252 to 20,514 based on an average of 37.5 hours per week
What do you get from being part of the team at Royal Dornoch?
- A full time permanent job that guarantees your income all year round
- Annual pay rise to keep your salary in line with the economy
- Free membership of Royal Dornoch Golf Club which, amongst other benefits, gives you access to our Championship Course that is ranked 4th in the world.
- A pension scheme that club contributes the equivalent of over 5% of your salary too
- A share of tips and gratuities
- Free uniform so that always feel part of the team
- Free food while on duty
- Free staff social events
- 6 weeks holiday each year
- If you live outwith the area then you can access subsidised accommodation
What do we want in return?
As a member of the kitchen team you will provide food for our members, their guests and our visitors. We pride ourselves on the quality of what the club provides and the satisfaction it gives to our customers.
- Ensure the kitchen washing-up area meets all Health & Safety & Hygiene standards, is kept to a high level of cleanliness at all times, is suitable for food preparation and ready for the next service to begin.
- Assisting with deliveries into the kitchen, preparation of vegetables, unloading and storing items as necessary.
- Washing up duties – To ensure that all equipment, cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery etc. is washed and stored correctly.
- Bag up and dispose of waste into the appropriate rubbish receptacles.
- Clean floors etc. as required during each shift and at the end of each day.
- Assisting with other duties as instructed by the Executive Chef (or the designated Chef in charge) and working alongside the Executive Chef to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen
No matter what level of experience you may or may not have full training will be given both on the job and at the local further education college for those who wish to enhance their qualifications and their careers.