Apprentice Commis Chef
Number Sixteen pride themselves in the high quality, freshly made food they serve. They like to change the menu from time to time and are constantly expanding to meet the demand required for food allergens and dietary requirements.
Number Sixteen have an opportunity for a keen apprentice chef to join their kitchen team, learn the trade and work towards gaining a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
What will your day-to-day involve?
• Food preparation
• Develop knife skills
• Learn how to create dishes using the correct methods, getting every dish right
• Plating and presenting dishes
• Keep a safe and hygienic working environment
• Ensure food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
• Learning to cost dishes with an understanding of gross profit margins
• Ordering, stock control and dealing with deliveries