Commis Chef Apprentice
Love what you do, love where you do it and be part of an amazing team at Bistrot Pierre, aspiring to be best in casual dining in the busy and iconic bistros. Learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Number of Positions Available
At Bistrot Pierre we are passionate about French inspired fresh food and fantastic customer service. To join our energetic and friendly team we are looking for true team players, who believe in our values of ‘individuality, honesty and integrity, genuine passion for food and hospitality, appetite for discovery and excitement about travel’.
Detailed Job Description
Bistrot Pierre, are passionate about French inspired fresh food and fantastic customer service. To join their energetic and friendly team we are looking for true team players, who believe in their values of ‘individuality, honesty and integrity, genuine passion for food and hospitality, appetite for discovery and excitement about travel’.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to be part of the amazing kitchen team at Bistrot Pierre, learn the trade alongside working towards gaining a Level 2 Commis chef Qualification.
Working closely with the team in a high volume, fast paced, busy, buzzing, customer focused environment you will:
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and pride of work in an exciting and highly dynamic team environment
• Be a Bistrot Pierre ambassador, delivering exceptional customer service and always working with our guests'
memorable experience in mind
• Be ambitious, keen to learn and proactive in seeking out opportunities for personal development and
nurturing and building new skills and talents
• Have a true passion for our fresh food products and make health and safety and food hygiene standards the
• Confidently learn and perfect the creation of our dishes for one section in the kitchen (side or veg) ensuring
food is cooked and presented correctly, always to the agreed company specification
• Be flexible and able to run your section of the kitchen competently and independently, undertaking and
delivering all tasks and responsibilities to the expected company standard
• Support your colleagues in all areas of the kitchen team’s responsibilities, ensuring good teamwork and a
“joined up approach” always prevails
• Assist in the training and induction of new team members
• Demonstrate an appreciation for the commercial factors impacted upon, in your day to day tasks and
• Encourage the highest standards across all areas (food, employee engagement, customer service, financial
performance, health and safety)
Bistrot Pierre have partnered with ourselves - HIT Training where you will attend a chef academy every 8 weeks participating in workshops using premium seasonal produce and learning essential skills whilst being creative and innovative.
Good communication skills
Able to work under pressure
Able to take instructions
Good personal hygiene
An employer will determine their own entry requirements for an employee to commence this apprenticeship, but these general entry requirements apply; you have to be aged 16 years or over and must be working in the hospitality and catering sector for at least 30 hours a week. You also need to be a resident in England and not taking part in full-time education.
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
Potential full time job is available on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
There are a number of exciting incentives available to the successful candidate.
*other staff benefits*
Training to be Provided
Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
30 hours Monday 9am - Sunday 11pm
Things to consider
Can be long and unsociable hours, this is to be taken into consideration .