Area Manager - South London - Managed Estate
55000 to 65000
Amazing Opportunity within the managed estate in South Division for an experienced Area Manager
The South division is a mixture of Proper Pubs and Classic Inns that attracts a diverse range of clientele. As Area Manager you will manage a designated area of pubs, as directed by the Operations Director, to maximise the potential retail profit, develop effective management teams and implement appropriate business initiatives in line with business strategy for growth.
- To achieve and exceed area sales and profit targets, working within authorised budget costs as agreed.
- Development of annual business plans for individual venues, comprising detailed objectives and strategies for the area. To agree said plans with the Operations Director.
- To lead your area team by demonstrating our company values, challenging and supporting where appropriate in order to achieve stretch targets.
- To formally review the performance of individual pubs (with the Manager) on a monthly basis.
- To coach, develop and motivate all General Managers and the support management teams under his/her control ensuring that the training and development programmes of all employees are up to date and reflect the needs and career plans of the individuals and the company.
- To ensure effective manpower planning within the area, to maintain management and team member establishment, to realise the agreed business plans.
- To produce effective results versus agreed business plans.
- To ensure that all statutory, legal and Company policies are complied with at pub level.
- To ensure that both internal and external communication systems are in place, effectively monitoring areas of activity to maximise sales and business objectives.
- To ensure all pubs are visited at peak times to gain an in depth understanding of how the pub is operating, identifying strengths/weaknesses, etc. to be highlighted for future meetings.
- To oversee and project manage any refurbishment/refits on the area, to ensure time scales are met and that the project is completed to the satisfaction of the company.
- Able to demonstrate at least two years multi-site management experience in the Hospitality Industry, in a multi-site environment.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Service quality ethos of continuous improvement.
- Highly flexible and adaptable, thrives on change.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Demonstrates creativity and ability to think outside the box.
- Demonstrates financial and commercial knowledge and strong business acumen.
- Strong customer focus.
At Stonegate Group we strongly believe in supporting and developing people and their careers throughout all parts of our business and are very proud of our award- winning progression programmes.
Stonegate Group are the largest Pub, Bar and Club operator in the UK.
Similar searches: Pubs and Bars