EL&N (Pronounced Elan) stands for Eat, Live and Nourish, started in 2017 by our founder Alexandra Miller, and fast becoming a renowned Instagram Cafe and lifestyle brand. 2020 marked the year we expanded globally, launching in France, Qatar and Kuwait. We see ourselves as market leaders of innovative store interiors and unique brand campaigns.
As Bar Manager, you assist the general manager in managing and taking responsibility for the bar operation. You live and breathe the bean. You ensure that high quality coffee is the result and that all team members on the bar have mastered the art of coffee through excellent product knowledge. You ensure a positive and safe working environment and are a positive leader in the business. You co-ordinate with your general manager to drive the business to commercial success. You Charisma and energy are infectious, which makes nothing seem impossible.
- You are a hands-on leader and work with your GM and team closely to drive team morale and happiness.
- You ensure that they feel valued and everyone believes in teamwork.
- You support your team in running a great shift and coach as you go to ensure service standards are to Brand.
- You ensure that all team members are opening and closing the business to the right standard. This is checked by ensuring all weekly checklists are completed, trained on and available to the team.
- You work with your General Manager to identify career paths for our people in the business and continue to develop, train and progress our people.
- You lead our team through the values of EL&N.
- You Support your Gm to ensure that all team members are on-boarded and inducted into the business correctly with the right support and training plan.
- You ensure that all drinks which come out of your Bar are to spec and EL&N Standard.
- You support your GM to ensure the business is hitting maximum sales potential
- You work with your Gm closely to learn how to deliver on key KPIs in the business.
- You take on focus projects set by your GM on a quarterly basis to grasp an overall learning of business
- You support your GM to count and manage stock results on a weekly basis. You support daily invoicing and transfers being recorded correctly.
- You ensure that you are doing weekly orders on stock correctly to ensure that your bar is always stocked to the right par levels.
- You support your GM to ensure that your site is achieving passing in its quarterly audits with Internal independent bodies and Government bodies. All health and safety standards at site are compliant.
- You work closely with all departments to ensure that all changes within the business are communicated well. You act as the liaison between front-line team members and the management team.
- You ensure that the aesthetics of your site is to EL&N standard. Any issues are raised and reported to relevant departments to fix and maintain the flower power.
- Proven experience in the same or a similar role in the Food & Beverage / Restaurants / Hospitality industries
- A passion for improving upon existing service
- Coffee knowledge and Bar management experience
- Outstanding customer service and leadership capabilities
- The desire to work to a very high standard and ensure the team does the same
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Computer skills: MS Office, Windows / Mac
- Tertiary qualification in a related field (certificate / diploma / degree) would be beneficial but not a requirement
- Willingness to sign confidentiality agreement and protect trade secrets
- Must be aware and sensitive to different cultural sensibilities - we work with an international team and audience
£27,000 - £28,000 per year