£40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
Senior Finance Business Partner – Commercial
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, the Senior Finance Business Partner is a new role in our Finance team, reflecting the business need to have ever closer links between our Finance teams and our Purchasing division. This role is to assist the Commercial Finance Manager (CFM) with financial support for Stonegate’s Commercial function, gaining exposure to our drink, food, non-consumables and supply chain functions and providing data, analysis and recommendations in both day-to-day work and projects. The role will have direct day to day contact with Directors of Purchasing, Food and Logistics.
This role could be an ideal fit for a junior buyer seeking to develop their career in a more Finance-oriented role or a Finance individual looking to deepen their understanding and experience around procurement, contract management and project work.
The Senior Finance Business Partner will:
- Actively support commercial tenders and pricing reviews working with the CFM. This would include supporting the procurement team with contract negotiations and financial modelling.
- Undertake a variety of both regular and bespoke analysis, as well as provide insight for the Commercial team to drive effective decision making. This is likely to focus heavily, albeit not exclusively, on the procurement side of the function.
- Liaise with suppliers and provide reporting and analysis on request.
- Provide analysis and decision support in category and product trials.
- Work closely with Stonegate reporting team, enhancing business reports to provide greater cross functional insight and analysis. Ensure understanding of contract detail is up to date and reflects day to day business; update product and promotion database.
- Always be looking for commercial opportunities and risks to drive and protect profitability; work with the CFM and the Commercial team to bring these opportunities to life.
Joining Stonegate will mean a competitive salary (£40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience), annual bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + annual leave purchase scheme, a Stonegate discount card to use in our sites, ongoing learning + development opportunities, highly engaged teams and a culture of excellence and a range of other benefits including health and dental insurance.
This role is a hybrid role based partly in our Solihull Offices and partly at home