An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced full-time Sommelier/Wine Waiter to join Head Sommelier Paola Giraldo and our Wine team at Wiltons on Jermyn Street, Green Park.
Why join the Wiltons team?
- Offering approx £14.60 to £16.70 per hour or £34,000 to £39,000 per annum plus yearly bonus
- Approx. 45 hours a week Monday to Saturday – 9/10 shifts with 2 days off
- The restaurant is closed on Saturday lunches, Sundays, 10 days over Christmas, 4 days over the Easter weekend and Bank holidays
- 28 days holidays (inc. bank holidays) + additional days given for years of service
- Training & development opportunities including company funded courses
- Career progression planning with platform ‘Flow Hospitality’
- Growth opportunities within all 3 restaurants in the company
- To celebrate you passing probation you will be offered a Complimentary meal for 2
- 50% discount in each restaurant within the group (Franco’s, Wiltons and Locket’s)
- Company sickness pay
- Company pension scheme
- Uniforms provided and laundered
- Delicious meals whilst on duty
- Recommend a friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee of the month and the year rewards
- Annual staff party
Who are we?
Since Wiltons was established in 1742, it has consistently enjoyed a reputation as the epitome of fine British dining in London. Located on Jermyn Street between Green Park and Piccadilly, Wiltons is a family-owned restaurant that has two sister venues: Franco’s also on Jermyn Street and Locket’s on St James’s Street. All are managed by Director Jason Phillips who has worked at the Savoy, the Avenue and C London.
Wiltons combines a modern philosophy on service with all that is traditionally British to create the perfect dining experience. The atmosphere is perfectly matched with the immaculately prepared wild fish, shellfish, and game in season and meat dishes sourced from the finest farms.
The restaurant compromises of a bar area, a main dining room divided in 3 sections and a Private Dining room named the Jimmy Mark’s Room that can also be used as additional seating for the restaurant. Wiltons is open for lunch and dinner from Monday to Friday and dinner on Saturdays. For more information please visit our website www.wiltons.co.uk
What can you bring to the team?
- Previous experience as a Sommelier in a similar establishment, catering for 80 to 100 covers during each service
- Good management, training and delegation skills as you will be responsible for your section
- Extensive knowledge of wines, aperitifs, digestifs, wine & food pairings
- Understanding of the winemaking process
- Basic financial skills stock control and GPs would be beneficial
- Motivation, commitment, success orientated with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Knowledge & diversity from previous roles to the team
- Enthusiasm, drive & desire to learn
- WSET certification or equivalent would be beneficial
Right to work in the UK is a requirement. Please note we are currently unable to provide sponsorship for the moment.
Applications without a CV will not be considered. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days, your application is unlikely to have been successful on this occasion.