An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced full-time Sous Chef to join Head Chef Stefano Turconi and our Back of House team at Franco’s on Jermyn Street, Green Park.
Why join the Franco’s team?
- Offering approx £16 to £18.20 per hour or £40,000 to £45,000 per annum plus yearly bonus
- Approx. 48 hours a week Monday to Saturday - 8 shifts with 2 days off – 3 double shifts and 2 single shifts
- The restaurant is closed on Sundays, 10 days over Christmas, 4 days over the Easter weekend and Bank holidays
- 28 days holidays (inc. bank holidays) + additional days given for years of service
- Training & development opportunities including company funded courses
- Career progression planning with platform ‘Flow Hospitality’
- Growth opportunities within all 3 restaurants in the company
- To celebrate you passing probation you will be offered a Complimentary meal for 2
- 50% discount in each restaurant within the group (Franco’s, Wiltons and Locket’s)
- Company sickness pay
- Company pension scheme
- Uniforms provided and laundered
- Delicious meals whilst on duty
- Recommend a friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee of the month and the year rewards
- Annual staff party
Who are we?
Franco’s first opened in 1946, is considered one of the first Italian restaurants in London which focuses on traditional and contemporary Italian Cuisine. Located on Jermyn Street between Green Park and Piccadilly, Franco’s is a family-owned restaurant that has two sister venues: Wiltons also on Jermyn Street and Locket’s on St James’s Street. All are managed by Director Jason Phillips who has worked at the Savoy, the Avenue and C London.
The restaurant compromises of a bar area, main dining room and a basement area which can be used as two Private Dining rooms or additional seating for the restaurant. Franco’s is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday to Saturday and closed on Sundays. For more information please visit our website www.francoslondon.com.
What can you bring to the team?
- Previous experience as a Sous Chef in a similar establishment, catering for 80 to 120 covers during each service
- Excellent management, training and delegation skills
- Motivation, commitment, success orientated with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Knowledge and diversity from previous roles to the team
- Enthusiasm, drive & desire to learn
- Imagination & creativity in the development of new recipes and dishes
- Good financial skills, understanding of budgets, forecasting, stock control and GPs
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety practices, safe working environments, Food Safety, HACCP etc.
- Food Safety Level 3 or Level 4 would be beneficial
- Will ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food is always of the highest quality
Right to work in the UK is a requirement. Please note we are currently unable to provide sponsorship for the moment.
Applications without a CV will not be considered. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days, your application is unlikely to have been successful on this occasion.