A great opportunity to join the team at Ye Olde Smokey House, working whilst getting a qualification!
Number of Positions Available
Ye Olde Smokey House also has a thriving bar trade which has a village feel with everyone welcome including children and dogs.
Detailed Job Description
Ye Olde Smokey House, is a renowned for great food, drink and hospitality. Fabulous fresh locally sourced produce with plenty of choice and fantastic value.
Ye Olde Smokey House now have a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to join their Front of House team, learn the trade and work towards gaining a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Qualification!
• Show customers to their seats and present our variety of menu options
• Advise on the best food and drink choices for each customer and answer questions
• Take orders and deliver them to the table deftly and accurately
• Attend to the tables and guarantee compliance to cleanliness standards
• Check the quality of the final servings and resolve any issues
• Deliver checks and accept payment
• Work with other staff as a team
• Work diligently to achieve outstanding service quality
• Any other appropriate duties which may be added from time to time.
Some previous experience of working with the public is an advantage but not essential
• • Be a hands-on part of the working team
• • A passion both for people and life
• • Good oral communication
• • Ability to prioritise, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
• • Ability to organise multiple details and cope with stressful situations in an effective and
• • Good customer service skills
• • Good team working skills to work with all staff in the business.
Grades C or above in Maths and English is an advantage but not essential, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Continuation of employment
Training to be Provided
Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
40 - 47 hours per week (dependent on age) this includes study time
Things to consider
Are you able to commute to and from work and are you able to work weekends and evenings
5 days to include weekends shifts are 11-3 6- finish