Wine Manager Role:
We are currently looking for a Wine Manager to be our onsite expert in our Seven Dials restaurant
The Wine Manager is responsible for:
- Education/Training: Inspiring and developing the restaurant (both BoH and FoH) team in their understanding of, and ability to sell and serve wine
- Procurement: Curating and sourcing new wines for our list
- Service: Having an active and high-level presence on the floor during services
- Finances: Ensuring the list runs smoothly, both operationally and financially
You’ll be working with an award-winning wine list; featuring over 35+ wines by the glass and 270+ bottles, in a restaurant of 170 capacity alongside a restaurant team of 100 (BoH and FoH).
With unparalleled opportunities to taste the world’s greatest wines, attend tastings and trips and support from a further wine team across the company this is a uniquely exciting opportunity.
Work somewhere awesome:
Careers with Hawksmoor are among the best – generous pay and benefits, award-winning restaurants and bars, unrivalled career opportunities and some of the happiest people in the business – as voted by the people who work here.
We have been recognised as one of the top companies to work for in the UK by Best Companies every year for the past decade.
As a head of department role, the Wine Manager reports to the restaurant General Manager and centralised Group Wine Manager; package circa £43k.
- Self-isolation support – JRS equivalent pay (not just Statutory Sick Pay) if you need to self- isolate due to Covid
- Winery trips & tours
- Discounted health and fitness benefits
- Additional paid maternity and paternity leave to help you care for new additions to your family
- Income protection insurance for critical illness and death benefit
- Free meals when you’re at work,
- 50% off food in our restaurants for you and your loved ones
- An optional paid day each year to use for volunteering
- Exclusive savings on travel, shopping, restaurants, and more
- 28 days’ holiday that include service charge.
- A restaurant welfare budget allocated for healthy snacks, drinks and support during our busiest times of the year
- Huge investment in training and development with qualifications across Wine, H&S, Food Safety, HR and a five-stage management development programme, run in partnership with the Watershed Management School
- Access to counselling, remote GP/physio services, legal advice and more
We strive to be a company that is inclusive in terms of age, gender, identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, and to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can be happy at work.