The Kitchen restaurant, in collaboration with James Martin, provides an informal dining experience with an open plan layout offering our guests the chance to watch the Chefs brigade at work. The à la carte menu features wood-fired pizzas, gourmet burgers, superfood salads and much more. Let's not forget within The Kitchen is our state of the art cookery school running daily cookery classes too.
The Kitchen Restaurant stands proud in the grounds of Chewton Glen, a true English original. Privately owned this luxury country house hotel & spa is located in the heart of the tranquil New Forest countryside and just minutes from the coast. 72 bedroom hotel has a spa, two restaurants and 14 stunning treehouse rooms.
What's in it for you?
- £22,838 annual salary
- £2,900 estimated annual service charge (non-contractual)
- Meals included on duty
- Accommodation available if required
- Employee recognition awards
- Cashback healthcare cover after probation
- Continued career development with recognised training providers
- Generous friends and family rate at Iconic Luxury Hotels
- 25% discount on all food and beverage
- Discount on spa treatment and products
- Refer a friend incentive
- Team social events, seasonal gifts and much more…
Check out behind the scenes here: https://www.instagram.com/chewtoncareers/
Commis Chef - About you
- Experience in working in a professional kitchen
- Experience working within a luxury hotel is desirable
- NVQ in catering or equivalent
- Confidence, enthusiasm and passion for your work and communication with colleagues
- A keen eye for detail, organisational skills and a flexible attitude
Aim of the Commis Chef
To assist in the preparation and service of food for guests and staff under the supervision of the Sous Chef/Chef de Partie
Responsibilities of the Commis Chef
- Assisting the Head Chef during each service ensuring dishes are prepared to the highest standards.
- Work in unison with the chef's brigade running your section with pride
- Be a key part of the team feeding guests in our beautiful open plan kitchen restaurant
- To liaise with the Head Chef with reference to possible improvements on dishes and service
- To take ownership and ensure that presentation, taste, texture and quality are maintained at all times
- To have pride in achieving and maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout your section and the kitchen as a whole
If this role is of interest to you, then please apply now! We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.