Tavistock Hotel – Reopening Spring 2022
40 hours a week (5/7 Fully Flexible)
Circa £50K + Benefits
In joining our team, you’ll be immediately welcomed into the Imperial London Hotels (ILH) family where we have a rich history of 175 years of hospitality experience creating unique guest experiences.
Our seven hotels are all located in the heart of Bloomsbury, Central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique Morton Hotel to our largest and lively Royal National hotel with a huge 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone.
We are excited to announce our re-opening our Tavistock Hotel this Spring 2022 and are now recruiting for a Hotel Manager.
With over 395 -bedrooms and two F&B outlets, Poppadom Express and Wolf and Whistle bar, our historic hotel is full of old-world Bloomsbury charm with stunning views located over Tavistock Square gardens.
What you’ll be doing
As Hotel Manager you are essential in upholding our high levels of guest service, whilst maintaining our company standards and drive revenue and profit growth. With responsibility for the day-to-day operational running of the site, you will lead and inspire your teams to continuously improve the guest experience, driving employee engagement and creating a culture of high performance and make it a great place to come to work.
A leader and a motivator, you recognise and reward great talent through regular 121 and coaching. You will motivate and develop high performing teams so that everyone in the team understands their contribution to the overall site performance, and ensure they reach their full individual potential.
A role model for others you deliver authentic guest experiences and share best practice with your peers, utilising all guest feedback to continuously make improvements, and remove any barriers that can impact on guest service.
Commercially astute you manage the day-to-day business through placing effective cost controls and ensure KPI targets are achieved whilst identifying future opportunities to maximise sales and deliver revenue growth.
You ensure the safety of our guests and team and all times making sure the team are trained, competent in all H&S and fire and security procedures and regulations and manage all audit processes to a high standard.
A resilient individual who is adaptable to change you are not afraid to make the tough decision, you build and develop positive working relationships with your peers and support centre stakeholders
What we’d like from you:
- Previous management experience gained as a Deputy Hotel Manager, Hotel Operations Manager or Hotel General Manager with a strong background in F&B.
- A good understanding of working in central London marketplace would be beneficial.
- Strong commercial acumen and financially astute with proven experience of driving sales and revenue to increase profitability.
- You will be a natural leader, who is able to inspire, coach and develop their teams to consistently deliver exceptional customer service and results, you reward and recognise great talent to be the best they can.
- A born multi-tasker – with your excellent organisation and prioritisation skills you effectively prioritise what needs to be done and are flexible to adapt to changing priorities where needed.
- You are an excellent communicator and active listener who will inspire, share their knowledge and best practices with others.
- An aptitude for decision making and think innovatively about solving problems
- A positive and self-motivated individual, you have an approachable and open manner with the ability to build a genuine rapport at all levels who can motivating your team under pressure and lead them through change with a growth mindset
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Private Medical Insurance
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets