The Breakfast Club is looking for a talented Chef de Partie (Our next head chefs) to join us.
Who we are:
We are a caf. Not a cafe, not a shop, not a branch, not a unit, not a restaurant. Just a caf.
There was also a time they called us a hipster hangout but thankfully that was just a passing phase. We don’t profess to being cool, because we’re not.
We make comfort food. We make warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of your stomach food. We make ‘is my gran in your kitchen?’ food. We make ‘3 star ethically sourced good for the planet’ food.
Everyone is welcome. Me, your mum, my grandad, your uncle Albert, little Jonnie and all our best pals. Everyone is welcome.
At one point we tried to save the world with varying degrees of success. But we’ll leave that to Greta as we feel she’s doing a much better job. We’ll stick to being a caf and supporting our local communities.
Release your inner cafness.
The role and You:
Arguably one of our most important roles in the entire business. We want you to work closely together with your Head Chef to generate a culture of loyalty, positivity and opportunity and recognise the positive impact you can have on someone’s day and their career.
You’ll influence the very heart of your kitchens, supporting your Head Chef and making The Breakfast Club the Nation’s Best Loved Caf.
We believe our Chef de Parties are the future of our kitchens, our next head chefs. The role will prepare & guide you properly as you complete the journey to head up your own kitchen. Working in rotations you will be responsible for:
- Delivery of Training
- Stock Control and Efficiencies
- Food Safety
You will also be actively encouraged to play a role in your local communities through our volunteering program because ‘taking care of people’ is one of life’s greatest skills.
We believe in equal access to support and opportunity that exists for all. We celebrate our differences. We want you to help us to continually strive for diversity, inclusivity and an ‘arms wide open’ welcome for everyone.
What’s in it for you…
- Share of Tronc on top of the regular salary. 100% of our Tronc goes to the employees.
- Tronc paid when you are on holiday.
- Predominantly day time shifts.
- Achievable Bonus Scheme.
- Wagestream – access to your earned wages whenever you need them.
- 24/7 access to external, free and confidential employee assistance helplines including free counselling, financial and legal advice.
- Clear career progression path.
- 50% discounts on food and drink (including your bar bill) taken off duty for you and up to 3 of your friends.
- Your mum (or dad) eats for free!
- Los Cincos – with 5 years of service or more you get 5 days extra holiday.
- Paid volunteering, T&C’S apply.
- We are a great supporter of your life outside of work. We promote work-life balance and flexibility.
- The opportunity to join The BC Track Club.
And more ….
Sounds like you? Apply now!