Night Concierge Duty Manager
Be a part of something new and exciting; find your place at Riverstone
Up to £38,000 a year starting salary based on experience, plus performance related bonus.
Be the senior manager on duty overnight at our first luxury residence in Kensington.
The best of what you love about hospitality – varied role delivering a great experience, but without the demands and job insecurity that can sometimes go with traditional hospitality roles. This is a growth sector that is resilient to the impact of the pandemic.
More flexibility to live the life you want to live – the night concierge team of two will operate on a 12 -hour shift pattern (11.5 working hours) 8.00pm to 8.00am working 4 days on and 4 days off. The role equates to an average of 40.3 hours per week compared to a traditional 5 day working week.
What is a Riverstone Residence? Think of a blend of outstanding apartments, with the services of a private members club and a luxury hotel, all designed for the over 65s. Beautiful homes, extraordinary services, and amenities, with an amazing sense of community and belonging.
The concierge team (night and day team) will provide a 24-hour hospitality service to the residents in their luxury apartments, including our exceptional amenity spaces including spa, gym, cinema, club room, bars and restaurant. Variety is everything in this role, from warm and welcoming chats, to checking all areas are just so, sorting IT fixes, resolving issues, booking tickets and activities, providing valet parking, through to serving a coffee in the espresso bar…and so much more. Our concierge team are on hand come rain or shine (pandemic or no pandemic) to make sure our residents live the life they want to live.
This is for you if…
- You have a genuine and deep-rooted interest in others and enjoy building long-term relationships. You are great listener, show real empathy and have that ‘real feel’ for how to anticipate the needs of others.
- You want to take your experience and passion for high end service (possibly, but not necessarily gained in hospitality, travel or retail) and step out of the conventional sectors to be part of creating a new lifestyle choice for the over-65s in central London.
Key responsibilities of the Night Concierge Duty Manager
- Be the senior manager in the residence overnight, with responsibility for the security and safety of residents, visitors and team.
- Be a first point of contact for residents needing the convenience and friendliness of a concierge service.
- Manage communication with our residents, including through our resident app.
- Conduct security and compliance checks and be an emergency ‘first responder’ and contact.
A rewarding role
- Starting salary of up to £38,000 based on experience, plus performance-related bonus
- 40.3 hour per week equivalent, based on a 12-hour shift pattern (11.5 actual working hours), 8.00pm to 8.00am, working 4 days on and 4 days off
- Some of the benefits that you will have access to include:
- Enhanced pension
- Free meals on duty from our on-site restaurant
- 25% off discounted dining all year round in our restaurants (conditions apply)
- Annual Health Screening
- Save with us – access a range of discounts and cashback from hundreds of retailers on every day (and special day) items.
Riverstone’s ambition is to create exceptional London living for people over 65.
With high specification apartments in central locations, Riverstone's residents will benefit from first -class facilities, a like-minded community, hotel-like hospitality and - when needed - highly personalised, discreet care. It’s not just about a place to live, but a new way of living for people over 65.
Our two exceptionally designed developments in Fulham and Kensington will be the first of many as we grow. Both open in 2022, with our Kensington Residence being the first in the Spring. When fully opened and occupied Kensington will have 190 apartments and Fulham 161 apartments.
Riverstone is backed by Goldman Sachs, which is supporting the business’ ambition to build a portfolio of over 10 sites worth c. £3bn, with a focus on prime central London boroughs.
We are recruiting roles throughout January, so if you think could be our first Night Concierge Duty Manager, please apply!