The Chelsea Gardener Café is an oasis of green and calm in central London, away the hustle and bustle of the busy and famous Kings Road, in the heart of Chelsea. With both indoor and outdoor seating, we welcome our local visitors to take a quiet moment or to meet with friends, family, and colleagues in a beautiful environment, decorated with The Chelsea Gardener plants, furniture and ornaments.
We are a small friendly and hands-on team looking for a full time and permanent Front of House Barista. You will need to enthusiastic, hardworking, experienced and very friendly with at least 1 year barista and food handling experience.
We offer competitive hourly rate, plus a shared tips and service charge scheme. We also reward hardworking and committed team players with regular reviews, promotions and pay rises. We believe in a 2-way system, to give and receive, but above all, we believe in high quality service and products in a fun working environment. Life is hard enough out there, so we better enjoy doing what we do for a living!
Our team also benefits from free food, generous store discounts, company’s pension scheme, annual leave, and sick pay.
The hours of work are 35+ per week, between 8am and 6pm, and you must be available to work some weekends. All very social!
You will also excel on:
- Welcoming and engaging with a smile our customers by determining their coffee and food interests and needs.
- Educating customers by presenting and explaining the coffee and food menu and answering questions they may have.
- Preparing and selling coffee and food by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques. We make inhouse our own sandwiches, salads, and toasties.
- Operating our till.
- Maintaining inventories by replenishing supplies.
- Observing a healthy and safe work environment by following organisation standards and sanitation regulations.
- Enhancing coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Helping with cleaning and clearing duties, as part of a small and close team.
This is a position for those who want to make a difference serving people and being part of an independent well-established company.
If all the above sound great to you, please send your CV including covering letter telling us why you think you would make suitable applicant for the position.
Please note interviews will start early in January, after the festive period, so please make sure we receive your application very soon. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!