e are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated self-starter to join the Sales Team in a new position as Entertainment Sales Manager at Firmdale Hotels’ Head Office in London.
Representing 10 hotels across London and New York, this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of one of the UK’s most inspiring, privately owned luxury hotel brands. You will be responsible for managing relations with the entertainment industry both within the UK domestic market and internationally, building on existing long-standing client relations, whilst forging new partnerships too. Ensuring Firmdale Hotels retains its position as the number one choice for entertainment travel.
Duties and Responsibilities?:
- Reporting into the Global Director of Sales and working with the Head of Entertainment Sales to create and implement proactive strategy for the entertainment industry across Firmdale Hotels globally.
- Development of business from the following market segments: film, music, radio, TV, theatre, betting, gaming, PR, talent agents, production companies and entertainment agents.
- Development of Press Junkets and ensure the day-to-day running with the operational teams.
- Responsible for idea generation and prospecting new business to grow market share whilst also looking at ways to increase market share from existing accounts.
- Proactively identify and be responsive to entertainment trends and opportunities.
- Monitor, analyse and report on performance of key entertainment accounts.
- Ensure all key clients have individual business plans and objectives and used as working documents.
- Effective management of a portfolio of key accounts through planned sales activities including hosting of site inspections, client entertaining and familiarisation trips.
- Participate in trade shows and events within the hotels, the industry and external organisations.
- Planning and conducting sales trips in the UK and overseas.
- Attend and contribute to weekly sales meetings, revenue meetings and meetings with the GMs and teams when required.
- Contribute to weekly reporting on key activities completed / business developed.
- Contribute to and action key strategic activities for the annual sales plan.
- Contract negotiation and completion of RFPs.
Essential Key Skills:
- Sales and hotel operations experience from within the 5 star luxury market. Preferably already working with the Entertainment sector.
- Have a strong understanding and interest in the entertainment industry.
- On the pulse with current news and trends.
- You must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Professional outlook with an eye for detail.
- Dependable and adaptable with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a drive to generate new business.
- Proactive with strong organisational and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Opera and Salesforce – ensuring the Entertainment database is kept up-to-date, and notes made on all client contact, meetings and enquiries.
- A positive brand ambassador.