L2 Production chef Apprenticeship, Spalding - Vine House Farm Ltd
Within this role, you will support and assist both the Chef and Assistant Chef with all tasks necessary to ensure that the kitchen operations run smoothly.
Training in aspects of a busy kitchen environment, including learning to prepare and cook meals for the café. Baking for both the café and the farm shop.
- Ensuring production and delivery of the menu is of a consistently high standard
- guaranteeing customers receive a high quality of food
- Working with the Head Chef and Assistant Chef in producing an exciting menu
- Assisting with the preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Assisting with the unloading of delivered food supplies
- Ensuring correct food stock rotation, and minimising wastage
- Organising and correctly storing food supplies
- Promptly transferring meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as per the Chef’s instructions.
- Assisting with the kitchen team duties
- Experience of working to guidelines
- Assisting in maintaining a pleasurable working environment for the team
- Supporting the kitchen to achieve all set targets
- Properly cleaning and sanitising all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.