Commis Chef Apprentice - Dalata Hotel Group - Maldron Hotel Manchester
- Report for duty at the correct time as per rota, in the specified uniform, ensuring a high standard of appearance at all times.
- To represent The Hotel and Group in a professional manner at all times.
- Understand how all departments operate and how Food & Beverage departments can co-operate with them to ensure team spirit and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Perform any reasonable request from the Hotel & Group Management Team.
- Be aware of health, safety and fire procedures, and assume responsibility for the safety of your work area.
- To be fully aware of The Hotel’s products and services and those of our competitive set.
- Understanding of hotel seasonality, need periods and periods of high demand.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- To provide excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all food cooked & served is of the highest quality.
- Ensure that all food is served at a safe and appropriate temperature using probes where necessary and record same.
- Ensure that all areas in the kitchen are kept clean and tidy at all times. To assist in clearing, cleaning, washing within the kitchen, including in-depth cleaning, using any approved specialised products & methods laid down.
- Use of a high level of cooking skills in the production of new food dishes using modern food technology & methods.
- To ensure that the guest’s needs and requirements are met.
- To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
- To ensure that all reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of yourself, other employees, guests and other persons on the premises.
- To carry out fire drills.
- To observe all safety procedures and rules.
- To report and where possible take action on incidents of accidents or damage.
- To attend all training courses as notified to you by management.
- To ensure that all fire doors are closed and that fire routes are kept clear at all times.
- To be aware and comply with company policy regarding: Fire, Health & Safety, Hygiene, Food Hygiene, and Customer Care & Security.
- To read, understand and comply with your responsibilities as defined in the Health & Safety Statement and Staff Handbook.
- To attend meeting/training sessions as required.
- To undergo training in both formal courses and on the job to develop cooking and organisational skills.
- To be a champion in your department for our waste management and recycling programmes.
- To be the best Employee by creating awareness and complying to the standards set by Service Excellence.
- When you arrive on time for duty.
- When your appearance and uniform are in accordance with the standard set.
- Achievement of effective and efficient work practices.
- The carrying out of your role to the required standard.
- Safe work practices, adhering to all health & safety rules and training.
We lead through our Dalata values of “Our People, Our Fairness, Our Service and Our Individuality”. If you have the right attitude and energy you will have great opportunities to progress within the group. Our company is a place where you can do great things – individually and as a team. You will have the opportunity to develop your talent, be recognised and rewarded for your commitment and pursue a fulfilling career. We also have a number of unique and recognised training programmes to aid your professional and personal development and pride ourselves on creating an objective, supportive and fair working environment for our employees.
What we can offer you:
- Career Development programmes
- Uniform provided
- Up to 28 days holiday including back holidays per annum
- Flexible shifts
- Friends & Family Rates
- Chance to earn extra money with our referral scheme
- Save as you earn scheme