Chewton Glen is a true English original. From the unique 72 bedrooms including 14 one of a kind Treehouses, to the award-winning spa and state of the art James Martin cookery school, it has an abundance of ways to revive your senses. The blissful 130 acres of woodland are home to an indoor and outdoor tennis centre, a 9-hole golf course, heritage orchard, 70 working beehives, a walled kitchen garden, croquet lawn and more.
What's in it for you?
- £25,000 - £27,000 annual salary dependant on experience
- £2,400 estimated annual service charge (non-contractual)
- Meals included on duty
- Accommodation available if required
- Employee recognition awards
- Cashback healthcare cover after probation
- Continued career development with recognised training providers
- Generous friends and family rate at Iconic Luxury Hotels
- 25% discount on all food and beverage
- Discount on spa treatment and products
- Refer a friend incentive
- Team social events, seasonal gifts and much more…
Check out behind the scenes here: https://www.instagram.com/chewtoncareers/
Accounts Assistant – About you
- Previous accounting experience is essential
- Experience within the hotel or leisure sector is desirable
- ATT qualification (or above) or working towards is desirable
- Ability to undertake departmental accounting processes accurately at a transactional level, with minimal supervision.
- Motivation and enthusiasm to learn and progress within all aspects of department
Aim of the Accounts Assistant role
To provide efficient and accountable administration service across the department, supporting the Income Audit and Accounts Payable functions.
Key responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant (but not limited to):
- Ensure that daily food flash reports are current within Procure Wizard, supporting the wider hotel management team
- Maintain the PO accrual and forecasting records
- Manage purchasing processes with Procure Wizard portal for Food and Beverage related purchases, communicating with suppliers to resolve any variances.
- Manage proforma or prepaid items to ensure that correct VAT documentation is supplied and processed into SAP
- Prepare and upload Daily Revenue and Settlements into the SAP General Ledger in a timely manner
- Assist the hotel operational departments in dealing with guest invoice queries, ensure that any invoice or payment queries are quickly identified and resolved
- Monitor PM accounts and highlight any balances greater than 3 days to FD & GM to ensure operational control
- Complete daily settlement reconciliation ensuring that cash, card, payment gateway and BACS payments have been correctly processed.
- Daily reporting of complimentaries, allowances, adjustments and transfers
If this role is of interest to you, then please apply now! We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.