Our kitchen team is expanding and we have a fantastic opportunity to join an award winning, friendly brigade as a Commis Chef. You will have a good understanding of basic techniques and a desire to further develop your skills. The team work hard to develop chefs at every level and this is an exciting time to be part of new culinary offerings at the hotel.
- NVQ Level 2 in Professional Cookery or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience and exposure to a variety of menu styles – 2 Rosette experience is preferred, but not essential
- Able to multitask and maintain quality levels at all times
- Work well as a part of a busy, close knit kitchen brigade
- Possess a “can do” attitude, being able to work on your own initiative as required
To support our staff we offer:
• Share of monthly service charge in addition to your salary.
• Free uniforms – which are dry cleaned free of charge.
• Meals on duty are provided by our talented kitchen team.
• We have plenty of free parking.
• We also have amazing recognition awards for exceptional customer service.
• Reduced price stays in all of our hotels – where you are treated like a guest no matter who you are!
For full details of the benefits on offer please check our website: https://www.careersatelitehotels.co.uk/why-work-elite
About the Hotel:
Ashdown Park Hotel and Country Club is a stunning grade two listed country house set in 186 acres of beautiful grounds on the edge of the Ashdown Forest. With an award winning 4 red star Hotel, fine dining two rosette Anderida Restaurant and fully equipped Country Club and Spa, we offer our guests a complete experience.
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded & unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about.
Due to our rural location you will need your own transport (live in accommodation is available)