If you are looking for the next step in your career this would be ideal for an Assistant Manager who is looking for their first break or an existing Restaurant Manager/Bar Manager looking for their next opportunity in a 4-star property.
We are currently looking for a Restaurant & Bar Manager who is full of enthusiasm, willing to learn and open to a new challenge to take responsibility for the hotel Restaurant & Bar.
As Restaurant & Bar Manager you will have a great eye for detail and understand the importance of both making people feel at ease…through our real hospitality and the importance of training to empower team members to deliver an authentic and genuine experience to all our guests. Along with responsibility for the Restaurant & Bars business performance, quality, standards and health and safety.
Your day to day will include:
- Leading the team in creating an authentic and genuine experience for our guests and team members alike.
- Relentless focus on standards – “small details big difference”
- Managing and developing the skills of your team to be the best they can be so that through their skill, commitment and passion for doing what they do best.
- Know your product and systems inside out, taking responsibility for stock ordering and control, cellar management, rotas, payroll.
- Be creative and share ideas the wider food & drink team; maintaining your knowledge of spirits, creative cocktails and wines to be innovative and stay up to date with industry trends.
Here at The House of Daniel Thwaites, our history and heritage, craftsmanship and tradition go hand in hand and bring together our real family hospitality and we are looking for a Restaurant & Bar Manager to join our family.
Who are we looking for?
- A hands-on professional with a natural ability to motivate, train and inspire a team.
- You will need to be proactive and ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day operations of the restaurant and bar.
- You will thrive in this role if you’re an outgoing person with a real passion for your craft.
- You’ll need to create a fun and rewarding environment for your team and lead by example.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Someone with exposure to supervisory or management duties is essential.
- Food & drink knowledge is advantageous with a passion for food & drink and a genuine desire for sharing this and providing excellent service to our guests.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- Free on-site parking where available
- Wagestream - Ability to access up to 40% of your wages as you earn giving you more control over your finances
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan and Employee Assistant Programme available 24/7
- Discounted Room Rates in our beautiful properties across the UK - £50 per room per night
- Discounted Friends & Family Bed & Breakfast Room Rates at out Hotels & Inns across the UK
- Up to 50% Food & 25% Drink Discount
- Complimentary membership of onsite gym – a SAVING of £39.50per month
- Online access to high street discounts
- Discounts in Spa and Spa Treatments
- Life assurance & pension
- An engaging & supportive work environment
- Bespoke training & development programmes
- Great promotional opportunities across The House of Daniel Thwaites estate