Senior Sous Chef
Royal National Hotel
40 hours Fully Flexible 5 out of 7 days weekly rota
£40 - £42K + Service Charge + Benefits
Since 1837 Imperial London Hotels have been offering our guest a warm welcome across our 7 Hotels located in Bloomsbury, central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique The Morton Hotel to our largest site, and the largest hotel in the UK Royal National Hotel at 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone.
We are now recruiting Senior Sous Chef for our Royal National hotel.
At this site you’ll be working within a team of 30+ kitchen staff deputising in the Executive Chef’s absence to oversee all 5 F&B outlets which include (Pavillion, Windsor, Pub Kitchen, Blooms and Meeting place). You will used to working in a high-volume operation, breakfast service is between 1000 – 200 covers and banqueting from 200 – 450 dinner dances.
Great ingredients don’t just land on the plate, they start with the passion of our Chefs who are driven to create an unforgettable dining experience for our guests.
As the No2 in the kitchen you’ll assist the Head Chef in the day to day running of the kitchen in delivering consistently high-quality food in a fast-paced kitchen to ensure that we can deliver a guest experience that exceeds expectations. You’ll bring out the best in your team, mentoring across all levels and create a great working environment where everyone is encouraged to reach their full potential.
As Sous Chef you’ll have the ability to cook and cover any part of service you’ll ensure that the kitchen team know how to follow the recipes, presentation guidelines and menu as directed by the Head Chef ensuring that all food is prepared safely and presented irresistibly.
In conjunction with Head Chef, you’ll develop and design seasonal menus, ensuring they are costed accurately, within food budget cost controls and with minimal wastage, also monitoring stock levels and keep on top of ordering that is required. Working in collaboration with front of house team you will ensure that the kitchen team present a professional and welcoming service at all times, but overall demonstrate an attitude that exceeds’ our guests’ expectations.
What we’d like from you
- A talented chef with passion for fresh food who has gained previous experience at a similar level working in a busy kitchen.
- You will be a role model for the team and able to support the Head Chef in motivating and developing a team of experts in the kitchen.
- Commitment to delivering a great guest experience at all times.
- Great communication skills and able to build a good working across BOH and FOH teams.
- Demonstrates great attention to detail with strong organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Has a flexible approach and positive attitude, and can keep a cool head under pressure.
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets