Chef de Partie
The In-House Services & Estates team aims to deliver a comfortable, safe and efficient environment for Members, their staff and staff of the House to work in; as well as providing a welcoming and functional environment for all visitors to the House of Commons.
Catering Services aim to deliver the best quality service with an enthusiastic and professional team for the benefit of all our customers. We are responsible for the efficient operation of the House of Commons catering facilities within the agreed financial framework.
Together with the Senior Chef to be responsible for the efficient and effective running of a designated kitchen to include:
- The preparation, production and service of all menu and related items
- The supervision of staff under their brigade
- Operating within Food Safety, Health and Safety regulations and financial remit.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Must have proven relevant kitchen experience in a similar position, working in all areas of the kitchen, working in a high volume, multi-outlet, high quality venue.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to build effective relationships with, and to relate to people at all levels and with diverse backgrounds
- The ability to manage and motivate staff as part of a team often under pressure, and to prioritise workload to deliver a high-quality service.
- Must also have relevant catering qualifications i.e. minimum NVQ level 1& 2 or equivalent qualification
Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
Civil Service Pension scheme
Interest-free season ticket loan
Discounted membership of the in-house gym
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement providing evidence against the criteria in the job description. More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description.