The Grand Hotel has an exciting opportunity for
You will receive a competitive salary, plus excellent benefits
- The role of Concierge/Doorman will be a vital one for the hotel. You will be the first point of contact for our guests and as such will offer a warm and personal welcome whilst consistently delivering five star service.
- You will be giving assistance to guests with luggage and escorting guests to their bedrooms
- You will be an ambassador for the hotel’s facilities and services
- You will be providing cloakroom duties, valet parking cars and also carrying out Doorman duties.
- You will keep well informed of activities in and around the Eastbourne area and retain good local knowledge.
This role is a permanent role working 35 hours per week, five days over seven, including weekends, evenings and bank holidays so the need to be flexible is required.
What we need from you:
- For insurance purposes, you must be over 25 years of age and have held a full clean driving license for a minimum of two years. PLEASE ENSURE YOU INDICATE THIS ON YOUR APPLICATION.
- Possess a welcoming personality to make the Grand Hotel an experience to remember, whilst retaining the ability to be assertive when required.
- Have excellent English language skills, verbal and written.
- Be physically fit as some heavy lifting is required.
- Ability to multi task and remain calm under pressure
- Experience in a hotel environment is beneficial but not essential, however service with a smile and a personality is a must.
Why work at Hotel:
As an accredited Investor in People, we are dedicated to the development of our staff. Many of the team started out in junior roles, but have been offered training and promotional opportunities as their skills have grown. We are very fortunate to have a large percentage of long-term team members able to offer their experience and expertise to the next generation of hospitality professionals – this could be you!
To support our staff we offer:
- Meals are provided by our talented kitchen team
- We have plenty of free parking.
- We also have amazing recognition awards for exceptional customer service
- Reduced price stays in all of our hotels – where you are treated like a guest no matter who you are!
For full details of the benefits on offer please check our website: https://www.careersatelitehotels.co.uk/why-work-elite
If you feel that you can rise to this challenge, then please submit your application as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close the role early if sufficient applications are received.
*service charge is dependent on sales performance and not guaranteed