Epitomising the sophistication of Afternoon and High Tea in all its splendour, our Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon serves an extraordinary selection of teas, our famous fluffy scones and delicious sandwiches 7 days a week for all those special occasions. The Queen opened the Tea Salon in 2012 in honour of her Diamond Jubilee. The Tea Salon also specialises in private dining hosting an array of events from charity balls to private birthday parties.
We are currently looking for a Host/Hostess for our Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon. This is a pivotal role within the front of house team ensuring we leave a lasting impression on our valued customers. This may be a temporary or permanent role.
• Maintain a high customer focus and convey this attitude to all team members
• Ensure that all standards of service are met
• First impression of restaurant and last warming goodbye, creating positive and fun experience for customers.
• Reservation bookkeeper, ensuring organized and accurate records of customers.
• Strive for customer satisfaction by meeting all personal and special requests of guests.
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
• Experience as a successful Host/Hostess within Afternoon Tea or high-end restaurant.
• Excellent Microsoft office skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Passionate about customer service and hospitality industry
• Be really resilient and be able to manage up
• Excellent diary management
• An ability to challenge, build credibility with a wide range of audiences and work with integrity/confidentiality at all times
• A competitive salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
• 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
• A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
• Excellent pension scheme