Hospitality General Manager Apprentice - Fish & Anchor
Reporting directly to the General Manager you will be trained by an experienced team that includes the Business Owner, General Manager, Head Barman and Head Chef. In conjunction with this role, you will be registered with BIIAB for a Hospitality Diploma funded by the business.
The role will encompass learning each discipline of the business with on-the-job training. You will be enrolled into a defined program which will include –
· Bar work: Serving customers drinks, taking payments and managing a bar
· Cellar Management: Learning how to manage a cellar with a recognized certification through the BIIAB on completion
· Front of House: Serving customers, managing bookings, taking orders and managing a restaurant service including the supervision of other staff
· Working closely with the Kitchen team to ensure harmony between the front of house and chefs
· Customer Service: Learn how to interact with customers, manage disputes, generate goodwill and promote the business
· Promotions, Advertising, and Special Events: Learn how to manage social media postings, engage with local organisation to promote the business, book and manage special events such as live music, theme nights etc..
· Learning all aspects of health & safety, hygiene and hospitality compliance and legislation
· Under direct guidance with the business owner, you will learn how to manage finances, budgets, supplier costs, and general IT skills required (Excel Spreadsheets, EPOS, Xero)
You will also be submitted for your personal licence funded by the business together with a 1-week brewery induction course.
This is a big investment for the business and would suit someone that has a keen interest in running or even owning their own hospitality business. Salary will be consummate with age and experience and will be increased as you develop your skills.
£16,000 - £22,000 per year.