Commis Chef Apprenticeship - The Calcot Collection
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
- To assist in the smooth running of the Kitchen Service
- To produce a variety of dishes to a high standard of preparation, production and presentation
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direction of the Head Chef, Sous Chef or Senior Chef de Partie, prepare and produce food as directed using modern methods, equipment, and fresh food.
- Ensure that the section operates effectively on a daily basis
- Ensure that all food cooked and served is of a high quality.
- Maintain sufficient level of service for Lunch and Dinner service
- Ensure that staff meals are of a good wholesome and healthy standard.
Barnsley House is a seventeen-century house, it sits perfectly in the small Cotswold Village of Barnsley and is entirely beautiful. Its gardens because of their legacy, will always be at the forefront of Barnsley’s offering and shape our restaurant, “The Potager” from day to day and service to service. With a wonderful 18 bedrooms that are spoilt with understated country luxury, a fresh and forward-thinking restaurant, Barnsley offers a 4 red star experience to our guests who are looking to retreat to the rolling hills of the Cotswolds.
The perks when working for The Calcot Collection:
- Personal development programmes through the Calcot Academy
- 28 days holiday per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Paid overtime and tips
- Uniform provided
- Meals while on duty
- Free car park
- Long service awards
- Discounts on stays within The Calcot Collection £50 B&B (T&C’s apply)
- 50% discount on food purchases within our restaurants (Wine & Bar will be charged)
- Spa Discount – 15% off Spa products, 20% off Spa treatments
- Staff Christmas pressie vouchers for use in any of our properties
- Employee assistance programme