Commis Chef Apprenticeship - Oake Manor Golf Club
We hold weddings, conferences, dinner parties, tribute nights while also looking after a busy bar and restaurant. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in Catering and Events who would like to join a fantastic team and learn while being paid!
Your new and exciting job role will teach you skills need to a fantastic chef of the future. Excellent organisational flair, with a keen eye for detail and strong numeracy and literacy skills.
You will be supporting the kitchen operation and management team to effectively work on food production,
operational procedure and food safety within the kitchen and surrounding areas
- To assist and monitor food stocks and stock movement.
- To understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss as a results.
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
- To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department.
- To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed.
- To ensure stock is controlled and rotated. Accept and store deliveries
- To ensure that mise en place is completed in your section.
- To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef / Manager immediately.
- To comply with all club policies and procedures to ensure that all-statutory regulations are observed.
- To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
To complete set out training tasks as per the instructions from your Head Chef and Trainer..
You are responsible for your own learning and development in your job role and further training can be provided based on certain attributes in the future
What your apprenticeship includes…
-Full on the job training, including all aspects of our food and beverage service.
-2-year course gaining your level 2 and level 3 in hospitality
-A mixture of face to face and zoom catch ups with Hit Training every 4-6 weeks
-Obtaining functional skills in English and Maths (if you don’t already have GCSE)
-40 Hours paid work every week, no split shifts!
We also offer staff trips, some including a few days away participating in fun activities and getting to know the team.
Applicants must be over 18, have own transport due to location and be able to work evenings and weekend.