As a home helper and future carer you could make a difference to thousands of lives by helping people to live at home more independently, for longer.
We offer many services which include:
- COMPANIONSHIP - Many people are lonely and isolated especially during this last 18 months. We sit and chat with a drink (maybe even cake) reminiscing, or chatting about the news or last night's TV, we get to know our clients and also their families/friends as they need to trust us with their loved ones.
- SHOPPING - We can go and do the grocery shopping or we can be there with them for that bit of support.
- DOG WALKING - Some of our clients have dogs and this has lead to taking their four legged friends for walks or again supporting them when they go out for a walk.
- HOBBIES - This is something we find out during our chats over coffee, and then aim to get the client passionate about a past hobby, we have a lady who loves doing her art. Another who has rediscovered her love for cooking (we get to try scones, biscuits, soups) (we love what we do). Another lady who is passionate about music and loves to play her piano for us.
- CLEANING - We do provide cleaning service for some of our clients.
- FOOD PREPARATION - We can prepare a meal for them, make sure they are eating a warm meal.
- PHYSICAL NEEDS - Stripping and re making a bed is often too much for people, we go and strip a bed, put on fresh bedding, have a tidy round. Dustbins in and out and what ever else they need.
As you will be travelling to clients homes a driving license will be essential.