The hours will vary between 30 to 40 hours a week
Our employer brand is that we are owner operated, focus on traditional hospitality without unnecessary frills. Our food & beverage menus are centred on seasonal British produce. Our sites are pubs, with dining rooms. We prioritise excellent customer service to match great cooking. All our service is table service and our order of service is very well organised to prioritise the right level of customer interaction. Our company ethos is honesty in everything we do, communicating clearly & openly with our colleagues & customers.
Ouremployees are trained to understand all dishes & ingredients on our menus.We encourage all staff to grow within the company to understand as much of ouroperation as possible to better know how everyone fits into the organisationand other stakeholders such as suppliers, customers, local community
The duties of this position:
- Setting up the kitchen for service
- Working under supervision of senior chef to understand methods, processes of preparation, service & planning
- Receiving and storing deliveries
- Working in a clean, compliant kitchen – following all health, safety & hygiene regulations
- Understanding preparation times for efficient service
- Ingredient & dish knowledge to understand local British seasonality
- Menu tasting to understand cooking techniques, ingredients and kitchen processes
- Junior chef training in classic food preparation & cooking methods
- Menu consists of majority of items prepared on site, meat & fish butchery
- Maintain calm and organised service during busy periods
- Organise duties to reflect changing levels of business
- Understand volume management to forecast requirements for upcoming period
Duties and employee benefits:
- Apprentice salary £8.91 per hour and rising with development
- 40 hours a week
- 1:1 training and development with senior mentor
- Food and Beverage training through regular menu tasting and supplier visits.
- 50% off food and drink in all our venues for employees
Compliance training modules; health and safety, allergens, food safety, Fire Marshall, COSFF, GDPR, licensing and many more.