Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship - Greensleeves Care
In our care homes, there is an unmistakable feel as soon as you walk in. Our staff and residents really enjoy this unique feel and the real sense of living and working among friends. With the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
· Give support and care to the residents whilst maintaining their rights to independence, privacy, dignity and choice and assist in their daily living.
· Assist residents who require help to dress/undress, wash, and bath and use the toilet.
· To assist residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities including the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
· Assist residents who need help with personal hygiene e.g. incontinence.
· Assist in the care of residents who are unwell or dying.
· Monitor the needs of the residents, informing a senior member of staff on duty of any emergency situation or concern about their well-being.
· Undertake the role of key worker with a group of residents under the supervision of a senior member of staff.
· Promote mental and physical activities for residents through the key worker system. Talking to them, taking them out and sharing with then in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
· Make and change beds, tidy rooms, do light cleaning and empty commodes.
· Inspect, launder and mend residents’ clothes where necessary.
· Set tables and trays, assist with serving meals, wash up, tidy and clean dining room. Prepare and serve supper when required.
· Answer call bells, emergency bells, the door and the telephone.
· Receive, record and communicate information and messages in accordance with the Home’s procedures.
· Assist residents, relatives and medical professionals with completion and review of plans of care.
· Maintain all residents’ records and give written / verbal reports, whilst ensuring confidentiality.
· Take part in staff and residents meetings and also in training activities as required.
· Complete Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) diploma in care or the equivalent.
· Attend and participate in regular formal supervision and appraisal sessions.
· Be aware of and adhere to Greensleeves Homes Trust’s policies and procedures.
· At all times be aware of the security of the building in relation to residents and staff safety.
Inaddition to the duties and responsibilities listed; the job holder is requiredto perform other duties assigned by the manager from time to time.