Facilities Services Operative Apprentice - Mayfield School
In your role as a Facilities Services Operative, you will be working alongside our Facilities Team to support the move into our new school buildings in August 2021.
Duties could include:
- Supporting the decant of the current site and the move into the new buildings.
- Learning how the new school Facilities Management programmes and systems operate.
- Supporting the maintenance of a first-class learning environment for our school community.
- Liaising with pupils, staff, visitors, contractors and hirers over their facilities requirements while on-site
- Carrying out regular health and safety and security checks.
- Undertaking day-to-day maintenance and decorating duties, reporting to Facilities Manager any faults requiring specialist attention.
- Carrying out checks on fire alarms, extinguishers, burglar alarms, residual current devices and visual checks of electrical fittings.
- Ensuring that access to fire exits and equipment are free from obstruction.
- Taking delivery of store, stationery, materials and other goods.
- Carry out porterage duties within the School.
- Operating and monitoring the heating plant and temporary heating equipment to, whenever possible, maintain appropriate temperatures
Carry out security procedures for grounds, premises andtheir contents. The routine and non-routine opening and closing of premises.
- Carry out required duties in connection with approvedlettings of premises and after school activities.
- Report in accordance with agreed procedures any trespass onthe premises, damage from intruders and unauthorised parking of vehicles.
- Monitor building cleaning standards and/or frequencies toensure that work is carried out in accordance with the School’s Specificationand report findings.
- Check building for routine maintenance matters andvandalism, reporting and taking appropriate action when necessary.