Food and Beverage Agent Apprenticeship - Copthorne Hotels Ltd
There are 6 full time positions at 40 hours per week and 6 part time positions at 20 hours per week available for this role.
- To set up & break down meeting rooms, as per the requests on the Banqueting Event Order.
- Ensuring that customer needs are exceeded.
- To adhere to and observe licensing regulations within the hotel.
- To ensure all cleaning and hygiene practices are carried out in line with standard operating procedures.
- To ensure the micros system is closed down before 2am.
- To ensure the bar area, still room, shelves, fridges and glasses are kept clean at all times.
- To check all mis-en-place is prepared and stock in the bars and fridges is kept clean.
- To undertaking closing and opening procedures correctly and efficiently.
- To ensure that all bills are charged correctly.
- To look after all our Meetings and Events guests, focusing on great customer service and anticipating their needs.
- To be responsible for the payment of bills when guests are ready to leave and closing of bills.
- To check and make reservations, making any necessary arrangements.
- To be able to upsell the Food and Beverage Outlets available to hotel guest and customers.
- To have good food and beverage product knowledge.
- To maintain a tidy Back of House, clearing as you go an taking ownership of these areas.
- To set up and clear buffets and ensure table maintenance throughout service in all areas of F&B Operations
- To take room service orders over the telephone.
- To deliver room service trays and collecting in timely manner.
- To serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, correctly with garnishes and in polished glassware.
- To set up the meeting rooms as per the BEO and ensure excellent cleaning of these rooms
- To set up the catering in the function rooms as per the BEO and ensure excellent presentation
- To be well groomed and positive in line with the company policy.
- To be able to engage with team and guest alike.
- To implement promotions and upsell these in the bar and other F&B outlets.
Adhere to the Company policies and procedures
Support the efficient organisation of work routines
Support the Company training and development plan
Attend internal and external training sessions as required
Ensure personal hygiene and grooming standards are maintained to the highest level
Be familiar with the Company Grievance and Disciplinary procedures
Support best practice employment legislation and practice
Hold and contribute to departmental meetings
Ensure dignity and respect in your department is always maintained
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Adhere and comply to the Company, industry and legislative Health & Safety Policies and Standards
Promote and monitor Health & Safety standards within the department.
Pass internal H&S audits and achieve no less than 4/5 EHO food hygiene rating.
Ensure employee Health & Safety departmental training/certification
Ensure that all staff operate within a healthy and safe working environment
Adhere to the Fire Prevention and Evacuation practices
Report unsafe conditions, equipment or practices immediately
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list but is intended to be a working document in progress.