Shift Manager Apprenticeship
- McDonald's - Blackpool - Cherry Tree Road North - 0397 - F
- £307.50 - 362.25 per week
As an Apprentice Shift Manager, you'll quickly learn how to lead the best shifts that consistently deliver the highest standards of quality, service, and cleanliness to uphold the McDonald's brand. You'll lead a team that works together to provide the best, quick service, and a great family restaurant experience.
If you've visited one of our restaurants before, you probably have an idea of what is involved in working here. But you might not realise the variety and scope of the role. You'll be working in our fast-moving, high-energy environment and we're looking for people with leadership and customer-focused behaviours.
What your apprenticeship will offer:
● You'll work towards a Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor apprenticeship - equivalent to 2 A Levels!
● You'll receive day to day training in your restaurant and a blended social learning experience for your qualification. This will be delivered on a 121 basis in your workplace by one of our expert Coaches every 4-6 weeks via face-to-face visits or remotely over telephone or Skype
● The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme designed to create opportunities for lifelong knowledge, skills, and behaviours
● You'll be assigned an Apprenticeship Mentor who will support you alongside your Manager and Coach throughout your training and in the run up to your End Point Assessment
● They will coach you from your first day and facilitate your 20% off-the-job training as well as support you with your practical and online assessments
What your role will involve:
When working as a Shift Manager in a McDonald's restaurant, you will complete a number of regular tasks which will include:
● Create a positive, dynamic and inclusive working environment
● Display leadership behaviours by coaching your people and providing feedback
● Agree shift targets with area leaders, follow up on execution of the plan
● Communicate shift targets and goals to all team members, energising the team to meet them
● Monitor and coach the correct service procedures with the team
● Work with the Business Manager and management team to communicate and meet team goals
● Attend and participate in weekly managers' meetings
● Review Crew schedule to ensure staffing meets demand
● Respond to customer complaints confidently and follow customer recovery process
● Communicate food quality and people focussed messages on every shift
● Review training needs for crew and monitor execution of shift training
● Take responsibility for your training in all areas; look for opportunities to improve and develop
● Identify and respond to equipment failure/unplanned activities
● Complete checks to maintain food safety and hygiene standards throughout the shift
● Maintain stock levels and ensure order accuracy and quality and conditions of products received
● Monitor safety and security during the shift
Your working schedule:
Whilst you will have a rota including a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends you might also be asked to work additional hours outside of this at short notice.
● Holiday pay
● Pension scheme
● Flexible working
● Free staff meals & employee discounts on selected McDonald's food
● Opportunities for training and development
● Discounts at major high street retailers
● Exclusive employee competitions
● Service awards
At McDonalds, you will be working towards the Hospitality Supervisor Level 3 Standard over 15 months.