Apprentice Commis Chef
- Shotton Grange Cottage
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- £180 per week
- Assist with the production of high quality, freshly prepared food as directed by the Head Chef.
- Assist with day to day washing up and cleaning as per cleaning schedules and as directed by the Head Chef.
- Helping to ensure that food offer and resultant service facilitates a high quality of customer service. - Helping to control gross profit by ensuring good portion control and minimising wastage.
- Assisting in the implementation and effective discharge of all relevant statutory requirements within the kitchen department. These include health & safety, food safety and fire safety.
- Completing your allocated shifts as per the duty rota.
- Preparing and cooking a high quality, well presented and appropriate food offer as per the menu.
- To ensure that customer expectations are satisfied and where possible exceeded both in terms of food quality and speed of service.
- To ensure excellent and enduring standards of both food hygiene/safety and personal hygiene/presentation throughout the kitchen department.
- Assisting in regular and routine cleaning in line with detailed cleaning schedules.
- Assisting with the completion of and collation of all necessary paperwork. This includes cleaning schedules, food safety paperwork and the collation of delivery notes/invoices as directed by the Head Chef.
- Assisting with effective stock management including stock rotation & maintaining appropriate stock levels as directed by the Head Chef and Sous Chef.
- To undertake such other duties and reasonable requests as required by the business or commensurate with the role.