Senior Production Chef Apprentice - Rays Ice Cream
You’ll work directly alongside ourProduction Manager and also learn about ordering, stock control, productionscheduling and managing seasonality.
You’ll be based in Swindon, it’s a 30hour a week role with plenty of opportunity for overtime during the season.It’s mostly Mon to Fri with no unsocial hours. You’ll get £8 an hour, all thesupport you need and a 15% discount on allof our products.
About The Job
Things you’ll be expected to do, all after top notch training ofcourse:
- Make ice cream, sorbet andfrozen yogurt. Working towards making batches without supervision.
- Make cheesecakes, ice creamcakes and other sweet treats.
- Help with stock control,ordering and stock management at our production unit.
- Prepare online orders fordelivery.
- As a keyholder you will beresponsible for opening and/or closing the unit on some shifts.
- Answer customer queries byphone.
- Monitor incoming orders byemail.
- Deliver some orders (dependingon age due to insurance restrictions).
We’re a small team, so from time to time you may be asked to doother jobs for the business including, but not restricted to, working atanother of our business premises, working with us at an event.
Your initial working hours will be 8am-2pm whilst training andworking alongside our Production Manager. Our expectation would be that, oncetrained, you could make some ice cream alone outside of these hours – earlyevenings or Saturday mornings. Mutually agreeable times for this can bediscussed.
Your usual place of work will be: 14 Axis Business Centre,Westmead, Swindon, SN5 7YS.
30 hrs per week
You will get a 15% staff discount.