Crew Member Apprenticeship
- McDonald's - Newbury - Tothill Services - 0953 - F
- £240 - 270 per week
As an Apprentice Crew Member, you'll quickly become part of a team, or 'Crew', that works together to provide the best, quick service, and a great family restaurant experience. If you've visited one of our restaurants before, you probably have an idea of what is involved in working here. But you might not realise the variety and scope of the role.
You'll be working in our fast-moving, high-energy environment and we're looking for a genuine smile plus an ability to connect with customers!
What your apprenticeship will offer:
● You'll work towards a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Standard - which is equivalent to 5 GCSES!
● You'll receive day to day training in your restaurant and a blended social learning experience for your qualification. This will be delivered on a 121 basis in your workplace by one of our expert trainers every 4-6 weeks via face-to-face visits or remotely over telephone or Skype.
● The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme designed to create opportunities for lifelong knowledge, skills, and behaviours.
● You'll be assigned an Apprenticeship Mentor who will support you alongside your Manager and Assessor throughout your training and in the run up to your End Point Assessment.
● They will coach you from your first day and facilitate your 20% off job training as well as support you with your practical and online assessments.
What your role will involve:
When working in a McDonald's restaurant, you will have to do a number of regular tasks, many which follow set procedures. Your tasks will include:
● Preparing every customer's food and drink to a gold stand.
● Making the customer's experience special - adapt to each customer's needs, be patient and welcoming.
● Keeping up to date with knowledge on our food and promotions.
● Completing tasks and activities in line with training/SOCs, company guidelines and management direction.
● Adhering to McDonald's standards of quality, service and cleanliness and following all workplace safety, security, and food hygiene procedures.
● Taking responsibility for your training in all areas; looking for opportunities to improve and develop.
● Following the 'Fix Up, Work Sharp' guidelines and taking pride in your personal appearance.
● Holiday pay
● Pension scheme
● Flexible working
● Free staff meals & employee discounts on selected McDonald's food
● Opportunities for training and development
● Discounts at major high street retailers
● Exclusive employee competitions
● Service awards
At McDonald's you'll be working towards your Hospitality Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship over the course of 15 months.
Being you at McDonald's:
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our McFamily which includes people from a wide variety of backgrounds, all offering something unique to our company. If you share our passion for delivering great customer experience, you will find a home at McDonald's!
If you feel you can already demonstrate, or quickly learn the above skills, start your apprenticeship journey, and apply today!