Do you have excellent cleaning standards? Are you willing and capable of supervising a small team of porters?
We are seeking reliable and dedicated individuals to join our Catering team as Back of House Team Leaders.
To ensure that standards and procedures are adhered to at all times you and your team will provide an efficient porterage service to the chef and management team and you will assist the lead chef in kitchen duties.
You will be required to turn your hand to a range of porterage tasks and assist with receiving and storing food and beverage deliveries and stock transfers.
Kitchen and hygiene standards must be exemplary and you must have drive, motivation and determination to fully embrace this role and make it fully effective.
WHO WE ARE:
Amadeus is the NEC Group’s multi-award-winning caterer, operating at some of the UK's greatest sporting and cultural events as well as at venues including Farnborough International, Stratford on Avon Racecourse and its home sites the NEC, the ICC, Utilita Arena Birmingham and Resorts World Arena.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Managing porters as direct reports for compliance training and development with assistance from chefs and managers as required.
- Responsible for the storage, upkeep and maintenance of all light equipment and fixed machinery such as main dishwasher
- Stock control, month end stock takes and input with both Chefs and management team
- Resolve staffing issues and escalate if appropriate
- Conduct perform reviews with your team
- Ensure all porters have received training and adhered to correct manual handling and health and safety regulations
- Undertake daily briefings with your team
- To be "hands on" and supervise your teams during deep cleans
- You will require good verbal communication skills and be able to fully understand both verbal and written instructions
Catering experience would be an advantage but not essential, within retail or the hospitality sector and have the skills of working in kiosks, bars, cafes, restaurants, self-service and hospitality style catering outlets.
If you are of smart appearance and personable manner, a team player with a can-do attitude, have good time keeping and proven reliability, this could be your ideal role.
You will be trained to Level II Basic Health and Safety, CIEH Level III Intermediate Food Safety IOSH 1 day, and have an understanding of COSHH and Manual handling.
Previous supervisory experience a distinct advantage, but further skill training will be available to suitable candidate following a successful probationary period.
Possible additional payments for additional hours once total contracted hours are reached, scheduled by our automated Reflexis system according to the business demands.
A flexible approach to working hours is required.
Please read our Candidate Privacy Notice: https://www.necgroup.co.uk/media/2346/nec-group-candidate-privacy-notice.pdf